Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac
Alexander[_2_] Alexander[_2_] is offline

Default Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?

brassplyer wrote:
On May 4, 2:50 pm, "Steve" wrote:

Maybe if you were to take a crowbar to your wallet and called a *competent*,
licensed, insured, professionally trained tech??

I may end up eventually doing that, but apparently it bothers you that
I'd like to learn something about the workings of the unit and be
somewhat informed and would also like to see if I get lucky and solve
the problem with the replacement of a relatively inexpensive part or
two.

There are excellent 2 year training programs at your local VoTech school
that will get you accepted as an apprentice at graduation. I so hope you
have good liability, health and fire insurance until then.

Of course another issue is, in the Yellow Pages, they don't make a
clear distinction between "Honest, fairly priced genuinely competent
tech" and "bungling, meth-addict ripoff artist".

Try calling building Services at City Hall for a list of companies that
have survived a lot of city and federal Job inspections. They certainly
are not going to point you to a hack...If any should exist. I would
suppose that your first question would be who can I get that will work
at minimum wage or do you know any illegals that will do this?