Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac

Default It lives! Was: Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?

Will you be using a belt sander to clean the inside coils?
That's what professional idiots use. 60 grit open kote red
garnet is good.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"brassplyer" wrote in message
On May 4, 8:07 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

That's the kind of ignorance that gets people hurt. "but I
thought...."

Well, what doesn't kill us makes us more knowledgeable. I
did know
enough to turn off all breakers including the one to the air
handler
before monkeying with the outside unit so I wasn't in any
danger.

Next I need to clean the internal coils. Just looked at 'em,
they're
nasty. Obviously with as much suction as I'm getting plenty
of air is
getting through but they definitely need cleaning.