Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac
brassplyer brassplyer is offline

Default It lives! Was: Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?

On May 4, 8:07*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

That's the kind of ignorance that gets people hurt. "but I
thought...."

Well, what doesn't kill us makes us more knowledgeable. I did know
enough to turn off all breakers including the one to the air handler
before monkeying with the outside unit so I wasn't in any danger.

Next I need to clean the internal coils. Just looked at 'em, they're
nasty. Obviously with as much suction as I'm getting plenty of air is
getting through but they definitely need cleaning.