Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Bi-fold door hardware question

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Some while back, browsing at the library, I saw an ad in Fine
Woodworking for bi-fold door hardware that allows the door to swing
OUT of the opening when in the open position. In other words, the
door folds back against one of the adjacent walls instead of hogging
room within the opening.

Can't find the article, don't know which issue. Tried Google. Does
anybody have a lead on this item?

This is advertised as a newly developed item. If I remember correctly,
the assembly was a hinge thingy with a swing arm that allowed the unit
to be swung into the adjacent room and sit flat (but folded) against the
wall.

I don't recall seeing such an ad but it sounds more like something that
would have been in Fine Homebuilding rather than FWW (I take both and
don't recall it there, either; just seems like more appropriate venue).

If you have no clue about general time frame of the issue and you're
convinced it's actually in one, best I could do would be to use the
search engine for articles on closet storage and similar; it seems to me
they tend to have such specialized ads in conjunction w/ articles on
related or similar topics. Does the online index include the "new
products" reviews sections if it was in there by any chance?

Woodworkers Hardware might be a place to start for the search itself...

No other good ideas/leads, sorry...