Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Do I have OCD? Metal related

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:

Looks wonderful and shiny, but set me back an extra 4-5 hours. Am I the
only one that does this. BTW, when working on cars I can never bolt a part
back on without thoroughly cleaning said part. Why is this.

At the age of 67 I am realizing that I have spent years of my life 'cleaning
parts'.

Cleaning what you are maintaining gives you a better look at the thing. I repair things
that have tight tolerance mating surfaces so I have to clean.

Besides, a clean machine tells tales better than some nasty greasy oil and coolant covered
blob of crap.

Hell, you are retired, you needed something to do anyway. Now the bonus question is what
can you put on your motor to keep the concrete from sticking to it? I have no clue. Does
a paste wax coating work?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller