Dave Mundt

Default OT - Death of Shop Dog

Greetings and Salutations.

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 06:41:03 -0500, Glen Duff
wrote:

I'm really sorry to lay this on you guys especially this time of year
and when Annie my shop dog died suddenly a few weeks ago I wasn't going
to say anything, just keep a stiff upper lip. She was an 11 year old

*snip*

My condolances on your loss...it is amazing how
these "small lives" can make such a big impact on our
lives, and, how noticable their absence is. It is
a hard thing to have to go through, but, perhaps
it will help to remember that for many years
she provided you with that friendship, and, you
provided her with a safe, loving home.
I am sure that later on, after you have
mourned a bit more, you will find another companion
for the shop, and, will provide that dog with
a great home for many years. The new dog is
not a replacement, for each animal is a unique
individual, but, is part of that continuing
chain and will bring its own comfort, good
memories, frustrations and joys.
Regards
Dave Mundt