Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Need ideas for less expensive pool cover & motor replacement

Melissa Andrade wrote the following:
Has anyone an idea for fixing a pool cover less expensively than from the
pool-cover company?

Since it's a "safety" feature, I didn't expect parts to be cheap but my
vinyl Infinity 4000 pool cover was quoted at 3,000 dollars and the motor at
1,200 dollars.

Can a small motor such as that which rolls the pool cover up really cost
1200 dollars?

Take the motor to a electrical service center. It may be as simple as
replacing the brushes.
Is there something wrong with the actual cover?

Or is this quote from the manufacturer just way too high?

I tried searching for Infinity 4000 parts online but haven't found any yet.

Any ideas?

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683