Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

On Mon, 3 May 2010 20:18:13 -0700 (PDT), saber850
wrote:

So I tried various techniques to try reproducing the problem today,
all to no avail.

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I think I see a problem. You
remind me of something I had to deal with when training technicians in
a past life. I referred to it as "Circle the wagons. The Indians are
attacking". This was in reference to the tendency for some techs to
march around the problem area, gain a little more insight, but burn
huge amounts of time going literally in circles. The Indians never
had a chance, after tiring their horses, by going in circles around
the wagons. Both you and the attacking Indians would be far more
effective with a direct assault on the problem. At some point, you
will need to dive into the LCD monitor and get your hands dirty. No
amount of additional insight or diagnostics are going to prevent this
from happening. Even if you isolate the problem to a single capacitor
and totally undestand the failure mechanism, you'll still need to
crack the case and do the necessary parts replacement. Might as well
get it over with now (before your horse gets tired).
http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/samsung-214t-repair/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D