Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default "Drill Baby Drill"

On 5/4/2010 8:10 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 5/4/2010 7:42 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On May 3, 9:48 pm, Tim wrote:
On 5/3/2010 7:19 PM, wrote:

On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:27:27 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On May 3, 5:32 pm, wrote:

My folks lived through the Great Depression, and I inherited the attitude
that you scrape the peanut butter jar clean, not because you can't afford
another one but just because waste is a bad idea. So when I see a lone
driver using an Escalade or Suburban to go pick up a carton of milk it makes
me shake my head.

What about flying Al Gore's fat ass in a Gulfstream to a meeting on
environmental responsibility?

You "anti-environmental responsibility" folks aren't looking too
bright at present.

Not even close.

I spent several years in the 1980s in the nuclear power consulting
business. It was the bozo environmentalists (aka "Those that flunked
Chemistry") that put us in the mess we're in today. They virulently
opposed further nuke generation and development. Had they been
properly ignored (nevermind the stench), we'd be generating massive
amounts of electricity today and innovating new/old technologies
like Pebble Beds, thereby making things like gas/electric hybrids
and full electric short-range vehicles viable. Instead, we remain
dependent upon oil ... because of the phony environmentalists and
their chowderheaded earth worshiping pantheism. So here's to
all of 'em, take a good look at who's been setting environmental
policy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElJFYwRtrH4

It always worries me when I find myself agreeing with you.

Make that two of us ... but we'll just have to both learn to live with it...

Learn to live with failure to make good decisions? Somehow that doesn't
strike me as a very good strategy...

Here's my weird thought for the day:

The drum major doesn't choose the parade route.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar