Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default USB and hubs was Touchpads

On Tue, 04 May 2010 03:55:22 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2010 23:47:15 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Wes on Mon, 03 May 2010 18:07:59 -0400
pyotr filipivich wrote:

I have a network cable, but apparently one cannot simply plug it
into the two ports on computers and make a simple home network. Now
_that_ is dumb. I'm updating the Sneakernet protocols to work with a
thumb drive. "Windows - it just works."

Pins 1,2,3,6 irc are what the signal goes in and out on. You need a cross over cable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable .

Actually a hub or multiport repeater would be easiest.

H,mmmm, can I plug a usb cable into one machine, a hub into the
other, and then plug the USB from the one machine into the USB hub in
the other?

Well, yes, I can, but will it work the way I want it? I'd really
hate to find I'm dividing by zero and creating a black hole or a Higgs
boson generator, or some other minor catastrophe.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Cant say they arent out there..but Ive never seen USB used that way
before.

I have a special USB to USB cable (with a processor in the middle)
made to transfer data between computers. It takes less time to install
a network card or two, and transfer the data over my network.

How fast is it compared to networking via 10/100?

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.