George

Default How do I use my wood stove?

Didn't say it wasn't there, just iterated the undeniable, that it was the
product of incomplete combustion. To minimize, use procedures which favor
complete combustion, like proper drafting. When lighting, that means
maximum Oxygen.

As to detectors near an open door, I don't protect my stove from CO, I
protect my family. In a community where the majority still heat with wood,
I've been on two CO poisonings, both intentional, in the last twenty years.
Wanna know how many chimney fires from poorly-managed damping?

Gotta be over a hundred.

"George" wrote in message
Ever put up a carbon monoxide detector in the vicinity of a woodstove? It
goes off all the time.

I don't think you get complete combustion when the fire is starting or

when
it is dying down.