Posted to alt.home.repair
Melissa Andrade Melissa Andrade is offline

Default Need ideas for less expensive pool cover & motor replacement

Has anyone an idea for fixing a pool cover less expensively than from the
pool-cover company?

Since it's a "safety" feature, I didn't expect parts to be cheap but my
vinyl Infinity 4000 pool cover was quoted at 3,000 dollars and the motor at
1,200 dollars.

Can a small motor such as that which rolls the pool cover up really cost
1200 dollars?

Or is this quote from the manufacturer just way too high?

I tried searching for Infinity 4000 parts online but haven't found any yet.

Any ideas?