Posted to alt.home.repair
Elmo[_6_] Elmo[_6_] is offline

Default Three questions about two-stroke gas power tools (chain saw & hedge trimmer & vacuum/blower)

On Tue, 04 May 2010 02:13:18 -0500, Mike Paulsen wrote:

Have you tried new locknuts?
Are you following the blade cleaning & lubrication recommendations?

The hedgetrimmer is only a few months old and I have done zero maintenance
on it (other than to loosen those locknuts).

I did take the bottom plate apart (six torx screws) and noticed it was
filled to the brim with grease and had a little rotating gear but there
didn't seem to be anything to do there so I closed it back up.

I don't see much else other than to repack the grease in this hedgetrimmer
maintenance page ...
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/hed...aintenance.cfm

Other than the "clean and check" stuff ... what is in that maintenance list
which will make the blade lock nuts freeze up?