Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?

brassplyer wrote:
Trane central air unit quit doing its thing (recently made another
post about it) and I finally cracked open the housing.

Here are some pics - front and rear of a capacitor and a pano of the
electronics. Am I mistaken or is the cap leaking stuff out that it's
not supposed to be leaking? If so, under what heading in the yellow
pages should I be looking for replacement pieces?

Yellow pages? How quaint!

Enter "air conditioning capacitor" + {name of your town} in Google.

Take the presumed defective one with you. Say "Gimme one of these" to the
guy at the counter.