Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: "Drill Baby Drill"

On Mon, 03 May 2010 15:39:43 -0400, wrote the
following:

On Mon, 03 May 2010 15:23:48 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

On 5/3/2010 1:56 PM, Chris Friesen wrote:
On 05/03/2010 05:30 AM, HeyBub wrote:

BP is probably the culprit here, but it's far to early to assign blame. For
all we know, a Taliban militant could have set the rig on fire.

Conceivable, but that's no excuse for the blowout preventer to fail.

For all we know he could have dropped a hundred pounds of C4 down the
pipe while he was about it.

Pretty hard to drop anything "down the pipe" with all that oil coming
up under considerable pressure.

And planting explosives at 5000 foot depth? Without a support ship on
the surface for the robotic sub? Yeah, that's likely, too!

Bwhahahahaha!

Possible scenario: Perp "parks" his boat a mile off, scubas to the
downpipe. He runs a cable around the pipe with the explosive pack on
it, sets it, and lets it go. He uses his electric torpedo to get back
to the boat and takes off. Meanwhile, the explosive pack is weighted
so it follows the pipe to the ocean floor where it explodes.

Probable scenario 1: GS bets big, hires oil driller to sabotage the
unit for a percentage.

Probable scenario 2: Oil companies decide this is the best way today
to increase their profits. Money filters down and it's done.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist