Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default New small engine Q. Was: Carb jet?

On Mon, 3 May 2010 21:31:58 -0500, "Greg O"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
On Sun, 2 May 2010 20:47:55 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've never seen a shear protection device on a lawn mower
blade. God help you.

Well, mine BOTH have what look like soft solid rivets through the
blade and the hub. Actually - only the one I now have plus the one I
just got rid of last year. My "other" current one has a belt drive
blade which provides SOME protection - not to the blade and spindle,
but lots to the motor.

Virtually all Lawn Boy mowers have the sheer protectors, as well.

See part# 410-910 on
http://www.bantasaw.com/catalog/pdf/...ccessories.pdf

A lot of the cheap crap doesn't have any blade shear protection
because it's cheaper to replace the whole mower than it is to sharpen
a blade. (well, allmost - you know what I mean)

I would like to know what mower that fits. I ran a small engine shop for a
few years and worked on a ton of Lawn Boys, models dating all the way back
to the late 50's and I have not seen anything but the tapered blade adaptor
that LB used for decades.
Greg

I have an old brown Lawn Boy out in the shed but don't recall what the
blade drive was like, perhaps if I find time tomorrow.......
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada