Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Touchpads

On Mon, 3 May 2010 09:58:56 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote the following:

I have owned a track ball since a 2000 shoulder surgery. I wouldn't own
anything else, and am amazed at how hard some people find them to use. They
use no desk space. Get the wireless.

If they weren't $100, I'd like to try a Logitech Trackman Live!
handheld presentation trackball.

Regular trackballs (marble on top) require your hand and/or arm to be
lifted and moved. The Logitech Trackman Portable/Optical
Trackman/Cordless Trackman Wheel and the Microsoft Ballpoint have the
left-hand ball to be used by the thumb, -preventing- the carpal and
shoulder problems most people experience with mouse use.

Yes, it's amazing that people can't use their thumb (or palm) to move
the ball. I fell right into it and was fully up to speed within the
hour.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist