Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Tile/Shower Base problem

On May 3, 6:32*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
,
ghw typed:

On Mon, 3 May 2010 07:08:09 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc
wrote:

On May 3, 8:33B am, ghw wrote:
Just had a new shower installed, tiles going down and
overlapping the flange of an acrylic shower base.
Contractor "sealed" the tile/base connection with grout,
which soon cracked due to weight in shower and
flexibility of base. I then used grouted caulk, which now
has also cracked.

How can I seal this small gap in a way that will not
crack? Or maybe I should not worry about it (concrete
backboard behind tiles).

TIA

No grout will deal with this joint. *Just use regular
white caulk.

The only proble with caulk is that we live in a very moist
area and regardless of havin a very good exhaust fan,
mildew tends to grow on caulk.

It won't grow on silicon caulk; that's one of the reasons the mfr's
recommend it.- Hide quoted text -

Ripp it oput the contractor did it wrong he did not put a morter base
underneith it . The base should not flex at all .