Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Kyocera receiver not remembering stations

In sci.electronics.repair William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

Does anyone know enough about this unit to tell me what the likely
culprit is here? Any links to schematics?

Well, I'd wonder if there is a battery compartment on the unit
anywhere. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just saying that
a lot of older equipment used conventional batteries (AA/AAA cells) to
keep the memory running.

I have a Pioneer SX-5 stereo receiver that uses two AA batteries.
Lifetime seems to be around a year or so.

William

hillarious. I was just about to mention that stereo when AA batteries were
mentioned.

do you know what the weird "AM stereo" RCA jack on the back is for?