Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default O/T: "Drill Baby Drill"

On 5/3/2010 7:30 PM, Steve wrote:
On 2010-05-02 22:55:22 -0400, "J. Clarke" said:

So why don't you apply for a job showing these people you consider to
be incompetent how it's done?

Engineering is always trivially easy to people who don't actually have
to do it.

Listen, butthead -- I didn't say I had answers, but I did say the talent
charged with having the answers failed. So, yes, my summation is easy,
but not particularly trivial.

If you've got the engineering savvy, use it.

I've got enough engineering savvy to know that until we know what went
wrong there't no point in trying to figure out how to fix it. And
whether the designers "failed" depends on what went wrong--you can't
ever anticipate _everything_ and there are some things that it's not
possible to deal with in the design.

Otherwise, you're trivial, and so is your challenge.

I'm not the one going on about how other people doing work that I don't
understand have "failed".