Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default Vibratory tumblers

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message

...you are not paying attention to details. A normal 60 hz induction
motor is going to be running either 3600 or 1800 (not quite due to
slippage) RPM. That would be 60 or 30 hz. If you want 1700hz, you need
102,000 rpm - a factor of 60. That would be the difference between
measuring per second (Hz) and per minute (RPM.) We collectively suspect
that you mean vibrations per minute, not Hz.

Simple explanations are always the best!
I claim old age and stupidity as excuse.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC