Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default Touchpads

Wes wrote in
:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I have a network cable, but apparently one cannot simply plug it
into the two ports on computers and make a simple home network. Now
_that_ is dumb. I'm updating the Sneakernet protocols to work with a
thumb drive. "Windows - it just works."

Pins 1,2,3,6 irc are what the signal goes in and out on. You need a
cross over cable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable .

Actually a hub or multiport repeater would be easiest.

Wes

A "crossover"/"data transfer" cable can be had for relatively little.

I got mine at a Wal-Mart but just about any moderately-stocked office
supply or computer outlet should have them.