Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Got Pumps ?

Wes wrote:
"Snag" wrote:

Are we talking about NAS Memphis? If so, I was there once upon a
long time ago.

Wes

Yup , that would be the place . D-I-L and I rode out there this
afternoon (son's at work) and it's pretty bad . Some roads still
under water , all the creeks and rivers are still over their banks .
And the stench is horrible , there was sewage in that water ... the
trailer park they were in has been quarantined .

I never knew it was in a flood zone.

We've heard rumors that over 80% of the buildings on base are
damaged/destroyed , but that's unsubstantiated . We do know that the
water was over the railroad tracks . There are piles of rock along
the roadbed to keep it from washing out ...

I heard over 16" of rain has hit the area. That sounds like a
monsoon instead of a storm.

It's crowded now
at my house ...

Heh Dad, be glad you can help them out. Hopefully you can quickly
move them out too after it is over.

Wes

We just found out it hasn't even been declared a "disaster area" . Mayor
and other officials are now claiming the levees did NOT breach - in the face
of videos that show them breaking . FEMA "might" be here in 7-10 daze ...
meanwhile there is also a rumor , unsubstantiated , the the Corp of
Engineers opened the flood gates ... and that some people were warned what
was coming . One Millington PD was reportedly seen early in the morning
Might be time to retain legal counsel ...
--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"