Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Touchpads

Larry Jaques on Mon, 03 May 2010 06:50:26

I've a new (to me) laptop, and after the first long session, I went
bought a mouse. I'm considering one of the roll up keyboards, too.

I've recently seen those on eBay for $8. Sucha deal! Let me know how
they feel. I haven't seen one in a store.

I saw one in a story - $24. I'll look for a store closer.

I moved away from mice about 15 years ago due to carpal warning
twinges. The ache went away that day.

Question: Why did the idiot put the keyboard legs on the wrong side?
The -front- should be lifted to alleviate carpal stress, not the back.

"It made sense, at the time." A universal answer which explains
many decisions, particularly when years later the person being asked
has no idea why the decision was made that way in the first place.

I have a network cable, but apparently one cannot simply plug it
into the two ports on computers and make a simple home network. Now
_that_ is dumb. I'm updating the Sneakernet protocols to work with a
thumb drive. "Windows - it just works."
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!