Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Touchpads

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Wes fired this volley in
:

Why do they have to put the touch pad in the center of the laptop
where it is certain the heal of my hand is going to contact it while
typing?

Because proper typing posture keeps the wrists elevated, and both hands
over the "home" keys; meaning the heel of your hand is NEVER over the
touchpad.

I use a touchpad exclusively, and touch-type. I never have that problem.

LLoyd

I don't remember my grades in typing class. Typing class, not keyboarding class as it was
later known. I took it because I knew computers would be the next big thing and that is
how you talk to them.

I tend to rest my hands on the table. You elevate your arms all the time you are typing?
I just gave it a test run and I could type a bit faster for some strange reason but it
sure wasn't comfortable. I'll stick to my way for now.

I rely on a usb wireless mouse. As soon as I plug in the usb end and it connects to the
mouse, I get a message that my touch pad has deactivated its self. Makes me think the
designers knew that killing it when a better option available would be a real crowd
pleaser.

I used I too many times.

Wes