Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Washer & Dryer recomendation's

On May 3, 10:17*am, "JimT" wrote:
"desgnr" wrote in message

I am moving & need a new Washer & Electric Dryer.
When i go to Lowe's,Homedepot,etc. & read the reviews they all are
horrible.
I can't find one with a good review.
So i thought i would ask here.
Any recommendation's appreciated.
--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

FWIW: Whirlpool consistently gets good reviews in Consumer Reposts. We
bought a Duet (washer only) about 6 years ago and it's still going strong..
If you're looking at lower priced w&d Ropers are Whirlpool's low priced
brand and I'd consider them.

We bought a Whirlpool Cabrio set a couple of years ago and are quite
happy with them. We didn't go with a front-loader because the repair
ratings (on ALL of them) were so poor. The thought was that the
Cabrio gives the advantages of a front loader, keeping the
configuration of a top-loader. So far it's worked out well. The
washer sounds a little funny, though. ;-)