Posted to alt.home.repair
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default An under-the-floor heater

On May 2, 11:46*pm, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I have a very small room on the first floor and the hot water radiator
takes way too much space. I'm not considering a baseboard.

Here's how I would like to heat it?

Place fin tubing between the joists in the basement. Insulate the
subflooring to protect the hardwood floors (and I am not looking for a
warm floor). Install two registers through the floor at either end of
the way between the joists. Install a slow rotating fan somewhere along
the bay. Box the whole thing in.

My idea is that the air will get heated by the fin tubing and enter the
room.

Would something like this work?
Where does one buy fin tubing?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

A small low voltage computer fan could be built right into the
register and powered with a wall wart , cheap and quiet.
Can't speak about code issues.