Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Items a customer should put in a drywall contract

On May 3, 10:37�am, Reno wrote:
Get the ceilings done with double layer of drywall to increase
soundproofing. That is best soundproofing method and cheap when done at the
start. The drywall comes with two layers taped together which contractor
cuts to separate the sheets. So it is easy to have a double layer unless
there is a lot of cutting required. In that case have the sheets separated
and installed with overlap. Only the last layer needs taping.

The extra mass absorbs sound very well. I wish I had even done the doubling
for my house upstairs bedrooms to minimize sound transmission from room to
room. Only heard about doubling after job was done and I complained about
noise. Then they tell you that doubling is standard when noise is an issue.

theres sound proofing batt insulation. and special sound deadening
drywall scred not to joists but special hangers.

but before you do any of this has water EVER gotten into your basement
EVER?

if so address that first.!!!!