Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Items a customer should put in a drywall contract

On May 1, 12:41�pm, Jess wrote:
I am going to be getting estimates and then signing a contract to have
3 rooms (game room, bedroom, storage room) in my basement, drywalled,
taped, and textured.

I would like to get some suggestions for "Do's and Don'ts" that I
should specify in my contract to makes sure the contractor does not
implement any "inappropriate" shortcuts that result in a less than
optimum result.

For example:

1. The drywall shall be attached with screws.
2. ...

Thanks,
Jess

basements are really meant to have open cielings for easy repair
access.

sure dont think about it now, but ponder my statement when your
tearing down a cieling looking for a leak

At least make a map with measurements and photos of where EVERYTHING
IS. and keep it secure for future reference and future owners

Realize it ILLEGAL to drywall over or make inaccesible ANY electric
boxes.

Somone did that to my old house, had dimming lights had to tear down
most of the cieling then ripped the rest out and went with suspended
tiles