Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

On Mon, 3 May 2010 08:09:58 -0700 (PDT), saber850
wrote:

Is there a way I can gain confidence that the problem is w/ the
capacitors, before opening it up?

Drugs work well for improving confidence. I find that I perform my
most heroic feats of daring and self-endangerment when thoroughly
doped to just below the point of going comatose. This steadies the
hand, improves on my diagnostic abilities, and opens me to a variety
of unusual approaches. The only problem is that I have difficulties
remembering what changes I've made while under the influence and have
therefore resorted to using a camcorder or digital camera. This helps
answer the inevitable questions "What was I thinking"?

I'll refrain from recommending specific controlled substances and
prescription drugs as each technician responds differently. For
starters, anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs work well for
elevating one's self-confidence.
http://www.alphacalm.com/anti-anxiety-drugs/

However, if the chemical confidence builder solution is not for you, I
suggest you purchase an ESR tester (see previous rant), and test the
capacitors in the circuit. Yes, it works without removing the caps.
Also, look for bulges, leaks, brown goo, and oozing rubber plugs.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D