Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

On 03/05/2010 03:50, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Incidentally, having two identical monitors is a bad idea. Sympathetic
failure and contagious failure modes has been known to propagate
between the bad monitor and the good.

It's not only that. There is a grating feeling when two otherwise
identical items have one that shows signs of minor inferiority. It's a
sick child, something that is crying out for some attention.

Ye feel you should be doing something about the one that is failing, but
the affliction is so slight that technically it's not a worthwhile
process of either taking the cover off or approaching the service agent
with complaints.

However, that feeling is however a stress to be remembered and
eventually dealt with as with all the other stresses one unfortunately
collects.

Now, if you only had one of the item and that fault was so minor, you'd
probably be not so aware of the problem, and certainly not so aware of
the stress ...

Life is simpler. I'm going to disconnect one of my stereo speakers and
live with mono. ;-)

--
Adrian C