Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New small engine Q. Was: Carb jet?

On Mon, 03 May 2010 13:42:20 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
... Nor have I seen a bent crank in any decent
quality lawn mower motor.

Oh, I have. One day at the dump a lady brought in a nearly-new Honda or
Toro. I blindsided a couple of other scroungers to get to it first,
only to find a bent shaft. I was tempted to try to straighten it, just
for the experience & satisfaction, but common sense prevailed.

Bob

That would have been an interesting project though..if one had the time
and the tools to bend it. Course, doesnt take much tooling...decent
hydraulic press, good indicator...shrug

Buddy of mine straightened the only bent one Id ever seen, using a pair
of borrowed V blocks and a big! brass hammer I have kicking around here.
I put a piece of blanchard ground plate on one of my surface plates and
turned him loose. Far as I know..he is still running the mower some 4-5
yrs later.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate