Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Touchpads

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Don Foreman wrote:
On Sun, 2 May 2010 21:33:42 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"steamer" wrote in message
--Well here I am again using a computer with a huge hole I've worn
in the touchpad. I'm thinking the people who engineer these things must
have
girlyman hands! I've got enough of a grubby index finger, probably
sintered
with metal chips by now, that I can't own a laptop for more than a few
months B4 I wear a hole in the touchpad. I've figured out that the only
reason the crummy plastic cover over the metal beneath is there is to
prevent moisture from screwing up the pointer 'resolution' so what I've
been
doing is cutting the cover completely off, then laying down a couple of
strips of electrical tape. Trouble is: the feel is a little different
and
not as slippery.
--Curious to know: has anyone come up with a better fix??

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas
I hate touchpads and have always used wireless meece.

Steve

Ditto.

I'm not happy with the touch-pad at all, but on the boat's computer
there really isn't room for a mouse. Maybe a trackball?

--

Richard Lamb

I have owned a track ball since a 2000 shoulder surgery. I wouldn't own
anything else, and am amazed at how hard some people find them to use. They
use no desk space. Get the wireless.

Steve