Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Touchpads

On Sun, 02 May 2010 19:09:00 -0700, the infamous pyotr filipivich
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques on Sun, 02 May 2010 18:52:26

I often drag a Trackman along with my 2.5lb netbook. ;-) Gets rid of
RSI, and practical even in an airliner seat in economy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-156-_-Product

Those are pretty nice, $28 at Wally World, but my all-time fave
trackball is the Logitech Trackman Portable. It stands up like a
rounded monolith with the ball (and 2 buttons) on the left side and
the left button on top. The little tabs on the ball retainer ring
keep breaking on mine. I've gone through 4 cords and 8 retainers over
the past decade and a half. I may try one of the finger trackballs
they're importing from ChiKongWan these days. $11/free ship on eBay.

Or maybe I'll just go down to Harbor Fright and buy a mill, then make
my own ring retainer towers, damnit. Then I could fix all my old
trackballs. 'Bout time, huh?

Aluminum, or plastic?

Prorry prastic. I'll mill new posts with thicker retainers that won't
break.

I've a new (to me) laptop, and after the first long session, I went
bought a mouse. I'm considering one of the roll up keyboards, too.

I've recently seen those on eBay for $8. Sucha deal! Let me know how
they feel. I haven't seen one in a store.

I moved away from mice about 15 years ago due to carpal warning
twinges. The ache went away that day.

Question: Why did the idiot put the keyboard legs on the wrong side?
The -front- should be lifted to alleviate carpal stress, not the back.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist