Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default O/T: "Drill Baby Drill"

Matt wrote:
I recall reading in early news articles of this incident, that BP had
considered an event of this scale and nature in their risk analysis to
create a response plan, but discarded it as they considered it extremely
unlikely to occur - their high priced talent crossed it off the list of
possible occurrences.

Last I heard no one has figured out what "it" is, so how could they
cross "it" off their list?

When a company puts an oil rig in place to exercise its American rights
license, do they file a disaster / reaction plan with some US Agency ?
And if so, does that Agency review the plan and respond with an acceptance
or denial of permission to proceed with drilling?

Who gives a damn? The people that know best how to prevent disaster is
the people doing the drilling.

Now for my cynical thoughts on this ...
If there is, does said Agency have any authority or is toothless
administrative appendage?

If there is no Agency, look at the opportunity to create new employment !
If there is such an Agency, maybe there will be some restructuring happening
soon, with some replacement hirings.

The only "agency" that really cares is the accounting office of the oil
company involved. Are you thinking some corrupt government official
actually cares or a bunch of government gobbledygook red tape is more
meaningful than a few 100 billion going up in smoke?

--
Jack
News Flash: Government Motors (GM) fines their top competitor $16 Mil.