Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

On Mon, 3 May 2010 05:34:56 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

In article , Jeff Liebermann
writes

Incidentally, having two identical monitors is a bad idea. Sympathetic
failure and contagious failure modes has been known to propagate
between the bad monitor and the good.

Yeah, I know. Just had two Iiyama 20" TFTs (used side by side with a
spanned desktop) fail on me. Expensive lesson.

That might be a different problem. The warranty timer chip found in
most electronic devices may have been triggered. The manufacturer
sets the warranty countdown timer to induce a failure immediately
after the warranty expires. When the power supply blows up, and
produces a continuous clicking sound, I tell the customer that's the
warranty timer still running.
http://pinktentacle.com/2010/01/secret-sony-timer-kills-products-after-warranty/

--
Jeff Liebermann