Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] pwu@qantas.com.au is offline

Default Set Top Box connection to a TV (Dick Smith Electronics G1185)

Hi,

I have a 2 year old set top box (Dick Smith Electronics G1185)
which I understand recvieves digital TV stations and converts the
signal suitable
for an analogue TV. My TV is quite old so it is basically a VHF
receiver although it can receive one UHF channel 28.

How do I connect the set top box to my TV? Perhaps you have this
model?

The back of the set top box has connects labelled:
TV Arial
TV/VCR
ANT INT
TV OUT
RS232
Video Out
SPDIF
SVIDEO

I assume that I connect my indoor arial to the "TV Arial" and my TV to
"TV/VCR". What TV channel do I tune my TV to get the output signal.
Needless to say I have lost the manual.

I have tried channel 3 which is an old standard for VCRs I have had in
the past.
Thanks for any help.