Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New small engine Q. Was: Carb jet?

Gerald Miller on Mon, 03 May 2010 01:13:49 -0400
On Sun, 02 May 2010 19:55:30 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 2 May 2010 20:47:55 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've never seen a shear protection device on a lawn mower
blade. God help you.

I have had a couple cheap mowers that the blades were driven by steel
rivets with the head in a dimple in the drive hub

Actually...neither have I. Nor have I seen a bent crank in any decent
quality lawn mower motor.

Last fall Junior dragged a rear bagger home and I used to pick up all
the 20+ bags of leaves after I got the run out down from 0.1 to less
than 0.01" by judicious repeated application of a 4 pound hammer

Precision work requires the right tool for the job. You couldn't
do that with a bigger hammer.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!