Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Regulations Governing Underground Home Heating Oil Tanks

On Sun, 02 May 2010 17:44:09 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 02 May 2010 16:15:37 -0400,
wrote:

On May 1, 11:45 pm, wrote:

Underground tanks are a huge liability because they often never
get inspected when used in homes and can have been leaking
for many many years when the homeowner finally starts to
realize that they are running through the oil in the tank faster
than they used to...

~~ Evan

I work part time for an insurance company and there is not a carrier
left in the market that will cover an underground fuel tank on new
business.
NOT ONE. This is in Ontario Canada.

Oh, boy! At this point, Clare has claimed to have about 15 full time
or part time jobs, making him a professional expert regardles of the
subject under discussion!

When does he sleep?

Just for clarification, I am a licenced mechanic who spent over 20
years in that field, including teaching both high school and trade
school and 10 years as a service manager. The first place I worked was
also a farm equipment dealer and small engine shop (BoaSki
snowmobiles, Ariens lawn equipment, and Benelli motorbikes). For
health reasons I left that trade and was trained as a computer
technician. I worked for a local computer manufacturer/distributor for
5 years, then started my own business. While working in my own
business I also worked for 2 window/door companies, a millright, and
an insurance company part time.
Before getting my mechanics licence I also worked part time for my
Dad, an electrician, and spent 4 years working on the farm as a teen.
One of my hobbies was rebuilding old tube radios - and that has
continued to repairing some solid state stereo equipment and other
non-computer electronics, as well as the computers I fix for a living.
Another hobby has been cars - restoring classic and antique cars, as
well as building an electric car. Also drove cometetively in
navigational rallies for several years. I am also currently building
an airplane.

Doesn't leave much time for drinking, partying, or carrousing.