Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Hard to Start Stihl FS 36 Trimmer?

On May 1, 2:28*pm, "W. eWatson" wrote:
I've had Subject trimmer for ten years, and of late it has been hard to
start. I've probably yanked on the cord about 80 times this morning, and
a few times it sputters and dies. I've had it in choke and run
positions. Usually run gets it going. The outside temp is 62F. The
little transparent fuel clear bulb has lots of fuel in it, as required.
There is a bubble in it that may be 1/2" in diameter. I used it the
other day for 30 minutes.

How to proceed?

Stihl products I have had usually had starting problems with fuel
lines cracking. Worst case was a chain saw only 2 years old, only
worked decently the first year. If you tinker with the carb, a new
fuel line might be a good idea.

Joe