Posted to sci.electronics.repair
saber850 saber850 is offline

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

On May 2, 8:17*pm, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article
s.com, saber850 writes

As I mentioned in the OP, when the monitor is malfunctioning, I have
swapped the DVI cables between the monitors. *When doing so, the
malfunctioning monitor continues to malfunction while the other
monitor (the one which has never malfunctioned) continues to function
properly. *So from this, I believe the computer & video card are
functioning properly. Am I making a valid assessment here?

Yes. *Sensible, logical fault-finding.

Is the PSU typically isolated from other circuitry in the monitor such
that it can be replaced?

It depends on the specific monitor. *Some have an external PSU brick, if
yours are those then try swapping them over. *If the PSU is internal it
will probably be on its own board which can be removed and swapped out.

How old is the monitor?

--
(\__/) *
(='.'=) *Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7

This monitor does not have an external PSU brick; so I assume the PSU
is internal. According to the following link, this monitor's power
supply and inverter boards are integrated into one unit (http://
pavel.kirkovsky.com/2009/03/samsung-syncmaster-204b-repair/).

I purchased the monitor new in 2007.