Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

In article
s.com, saber850 writes

As I mentioned in the OP, when the monitor is malfunctioning, I have
swapped the DVI cables between the monitors. When doing so, the
malfunctioning monitor continues to malfunction while the other
monitor (the one which has never malfunctioned) continues to function
properly. So from this, I believe the computer & video card are
functioning properly. Am I making a valid assessment here?

Yes. Sensible, logical fault-finding.

Is the PSU typically isolated from other circuitry in the monitor such
that it can be replaced?

It depends on the specific monitor. Some have an external PSU brick, if
yours are those then try swapping them over. If the PSU is internal it
will probably be on its own board which can be removed and swapped out.

How old is the monitor?

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7