Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

In article
s.com, saber850 writes

The problem is that the monitor displays the picture, and then
gradually fades to white, and then gradually fades to black.

Erk. That video you put on Youtube is kinda creepy! Are you sure it's
not demonic possession?

I don't think it's a backlight problem. It looks more like a contrast
issue. I have a similar Samsung monitor (SyncMaster 2343 widescreen)
with touch controls and It looks like yours has those too. In your
situation, the first thing I would do is whip the back off and
disconnect the touch control board from the main board and see if the
problem stops. I'm wondering if a "button" is stuck.

Then I'd probably move to gently heating some of the chips, particularly
those on the back of the LCD panel, with a hairdryer to see if the fault
is temperature-related.

I know you say you want to try and fix it, but if it's a panel fault,
the monitor's fit only for scrap.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7