Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

On Sun, 2 May 2010 07:22:40 -0700 (PDT), saber850
wrote:

Both monitors are a Samsung SyncMaster 204B.

Thank you for supplying the maker and model number.

This might be of interest:
http://pavel.kirkovsky.com/2009/03/samsung-syncmaster-204b-repair/
http://www.djhome.net/tips/samsungsyncmaster204T.htm
I've seen both problems on the bench with similar Samsung models.

My usual method is to replace *ALL* the large value electrolytic
capacitors. The labour is less to do it at one time, than to spend
any time finding which one or two is the culprit. Make sure you buy
105C or 125C replacement caps as the 85c variety don't last. Larger
values and voltage ratings are fine, but watch out for package sizes
and lead spacing.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D