Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lewis Hartswick Lewis Hartswick is offline

Default Touchpads

steamer wrote:
--Well here I am again using a computer with a huge hole I've worn
in the touchpad. I'm thinking the people who engineer these things must have
girlyman hands! I've got enough of a grubby index finger, probably sintered
with metal chips by now, that I can't own a laptop for more than a few
months B4 I wear a hole in the touchpad. I've figured out that the only
reason the crummy plastic cover over the metal beneath is there is to
prevent moisture from screwing up the pointer 'resolution' so what I've been
doing is cutting the cover completely off, then laying down a couple of
strips of electrical tape. Trouble is: the feel is a little different and
not as slippery.
--Curious to know: has anyone come up with a better fix??

A wireless MOUSE