Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default Vibratory tumblers

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
news
I'm running a double handful of 60 parts through my Raytech with Rombic
ceramic as I type. I'll go out and check them tomorrow.

The bowl is thick and has liquid capability.

What questions do you have and what size of material is it that you want
do ? As I recall I have the TV5 -

The material in my bowls roll. I turn it on and it is mixing the
ceramic.
I add a layer of work to the top and it is turned in and mixed in a random
motion. Movie is possible.

I wanted to know:

1) The size of the bowl opening (i.e. not the biggest bowl diameter)
2) The actual vibration frequency
3) The suitability of the bowl or otherwise for use with steel and ceramic
media..

I was told that I definitely want the TV10 because it has a more solid bowl.
Yet in their manual using ceramics in either TV5 or TV10 voids the warranty.
No reply to No. 1 or No. 2.

I am reasonably happy with the principles of action, I just want to have the
full picture if I am going to spend $300 or so on something which may turn
out to be a complete waste of time and money.

OTOH I can get the TV5 off e-bay for about $120 including shipping so if you
say it works for you with ceramics, I would be happy to take the plunge. It
looks like the biggest part of the TV5 bowl is the opening to start with.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC