Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Carb jet?

On Sun, 2 May 2010 14:40:43 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've worked on a couple Tec engines, with simple float
carbs. The metering is performed through the bolt that holds
the float bowl on. If you pull that bolt out, there is a
small hole in the side, that comes up through the center of
the bolt. Enlarging this hole will rich the mixture.

Before I did that (not reversible action) I'd want to try
fresh gas of good brand, air cleaner, new spark plug, take
the float bowl off and see if there's water, check the gap
from the flywheel to the coil, and all that good stuff.

There is also a replacement available for that bolt that has an
adjustable needle valve in it.