Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Insulating and lining out a shipping container

On May 2, 10:53*am, Adrian C wrote:
On 01/05/2010 09:42, stuart noble wrote:

The Other Mike wrote:
Thanks for all the replies, guess I'll give up on the rockwool idea
but it still needs lining out as it's not that easy to fix shelves to
a single metal skin.

Thinking that a green roof might be a reasonably cheap option with
climbers like ivy up the exposed sides. But that still leaves the
doors that face due south and soak up masses of heat.

I think interior insulation is the only way. Ask anyone who's spent time
in a caravan during extreme weather :-)

How about using exterior insulation products such as done to the outside
of houses?

Insulation needs to be exterior really. If its interior you'll get
interstitial condensation, the metal will rust badly, the insualtion
will saturate and conduct, and evil moulds will flourish. Unless you
laeve a gap from the metal and drill vent/drain holes.

NT