Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

"Swingman" wrote in message

If you have any questions, just ask.

As you know, I am already a very satisfied user of SU; my needs are not
grand. I ran into a question recently while designing a jig for my bandsaw.
At this point it may just be academic, but I would still be interested to
see whatever evidence folks have. Obviously SU will allow one to design a
jig (for cutting on a BS, say). Does it have a mechanism to allow one to
test such a jig (consider, for example, something simple such as a fence)?
I suspect the answer is "not really" (and this may be an unfair expectation
since it is a "design" tool), but I'll put it out there anyway and and
intensionally keep my question vague. BTW, either way, you have already
thoroughly convinced me as to SU's usefulness! : )

Bill

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010