Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

On 5/2/2010 12:15 AM, Rumple Stiltskin wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I'm glad you posted that, Marty. As I scanned the Amazon page for the
Dummies book, I found a copy of _Google Sketchup: The Missing Manual_
for $1.25 and ordered it.

$5.24 total delivered price. 608 minty-fresh pages, 2009 vintage!

The online reviews of this are on the fluffy side. Perhaps you could
post a review after using it?

"Google SketchUp Cookbook"

Not a basic "how to" book, but an excellent compendium of techniques and
methods for learning to use some of the basic tools and concepts of the
program:

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596155100

Again, not something you would read from cover to cover, but as a
reference when hitting the wall on how to do many things with the
drawing tools.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010